On 12 June 2007 the European Heart Network and the European Society of Cardiology launched the European Heart Health Charter with the support of the European Commission and the WHO Regional Office for Europe.
It is signed by 14 eminent professional and public health organisations
- WONCA Europe
- Comité Permanent des Medecins Européens / Standing Committee of European Doctors (CPME)
- European Institute for Women’s Health (EIWH)
- European Men’s Health Forum (EMHF)
- European Network for Smoking & Prevention (ENSP)
- European Public Health Alliance (EPHA)
- European Health Management Association (EHMA)
- European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS)
- European Society of Hypertension (ESH)
- European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD)
- International Society on Behavioural Medicine (ISBM)
- European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (EACPR)
- ESC Council on Cardiovascular Nursing and Allied Professions (CCNAP)
More information of the European Heart HEalth Charter can be found on the website www.heartcharter.eu.
Below is the pdf version of the Charter in English.